"In other words, we try"
Stomach Company is a performing arts collective based in Nantes, France, gathering artists from varying disciplines such as theatre, performance, dance, sound design, visual arts, etc. Their main artistic goals :
- to develop live projects mixing different languages;
- to talk about the contemporary world, its individuals, its failures and dysfunctions, its non-senses and its strange beauty;
- to get inspired by reality, intimate and everyday experiences...
...Trying to be more ironical than cynical, more useless than useful, more physical than intellectual, more intestinal than cerebral.
Stomach Company is a collective project, as well as a collective research. Different collaborations are often settled with individual artists and structures from different media : collectif ap[Art], Bruit Clair Records, Lolab (Nantes) ; Codice Ivan (Florence); She She Pop (Berlin). Since 2011, the company develops two new axes: the organisation of workshops and collaborations with foreign artists.
Sustained by TU-Nantes (space for research and contemporary creation), Le lieu Unique (scène nationale de Nantes), La Fabrique Nantes, and Ausland (Berlin), Stomach Company develops multicultural performances, touring in Nantes, Angers, Paris, and Berlin. Stomach Company has been sustained by Conseil Général de Loire Atlantique (2013), la ville de Nantes (2012 - CLAP 2010), University of Nantes (FSDIE 2006, 2007, 2009), CROUS of Nantes (2006) & Paris (2007), la FAL 44 (2006), la direction régionale de la Jeunesse et des Sports (Bourse Défi Jeune 2010).
- Le TU Nantes - Bertrand Salanon / site
- Le Lieu Unique - Corinne Gaillard, Karine Bellanger / site
- Le Théåtre du Champ de Bataille - Florent Goulette / site
- La Fabrique Nantes - Marie Chapelain / site
- Ausland - Berlin (De) / site
- Le collectif ap[Art]
- Lolab - Projets interactifs et participatifs - Nantes / site
- L'Union européenne - Le programme européen Jeunesse en action
- La ville de Nantes
- Le conseil général de Loire Atlantique